26 October 2012

Condor 25K
 
Tyler ran a race in honor of his friend that passed away last year. Since becoming a coach he hasn't done much competively, just a few fun runs a year. But every now and again he'll do something like this and totally amaze me. He barely trained for this... and somehow on race day he can pull out the big guns and put the hammer down. He came in 3rd, running 15.5 hilly miles in 1:45.
  
Seriously, look at all these people... and Tyler got 3rd!  My girls Megan and Cherie are somewhere in the mix too. 

And they're off!  Ty right in the middle of the pic.  No, he's not the grey haired dude in blue...

Tyler made this shirt for the race.  "Dave"  was who the race was in honor of.  Tyler got tons of love for his shirt.  Everybody wanted one. 

Tyler and his studly legs...

Smiling at the finish. 


Biggest fans.
 
This is the toughest girl I know.  She rocked this race. It almost inspired me to start running again... almost :)
 
I missed Cherie's finish when Riggs had a meltdown and I needed to run back to the car to get his binky.  If I hadn't had seen this picture later I wouldn't have believed Cherie had just run 15 and a half miles.  She looked completely normal and fresh, exactly the same as when I see her for dinner or bump into her at the grocery store.  unreal. 
 
 
Daves's son Eric.  Eric was on Tyler's high school cross country team a few years ago.  He was totally one of Tyler's favorites.  Back then, when he was a much smaller, skinnier runt, he looked just like "yeah-yeah" from Sanlot.

 The scavenger.  Someone's random water cup?  Ill take that.

 I started a little photoshoot with Riggs when we were waiting for Tyler to run.  I totally got distracted and Ty came and went and we missed the chance to cheer for him.  Dang it.  Although... these pictures are pretty cute. 

 I love this little pork chop. 

 


5 comments:

  1. I love this blog.

    That was a hard loss on my end of things as well. :/ So crummy.

    NICE JOB TYLER! Freakin ripped legs! I wish I coulda ran it....and came in 3rd from last........

    Hey Riggs. You're cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was inspired by your post to get my own race post up. I had to find some pics, same place you found some of yours, and what I discovered was very amusing. I didn't know Eric danced across the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Ty! Impressive, but lil' pork chop is still my favorite, by a long shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. take some notes riggs. you'll be running soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my sweet Amber. I don't think you know how happy it made me to see you at the finish. you're like my family, ya know. Thanks for the kind words...you make me get all choked up.

    ReplyDelete